Heaven Instead will assist with expenses for the burial or cremation of a fetal death for those who meet the following criteria:
- Delivery of stillborn, infant delivered with no signs of life, gestation >20 weeks or >350 grams
- Delivery must occur >20 weeks gestation and/or >350 grams in weight at the time of delivery
- Fetal death occurring after delivery but within the hospital stay. Death may be due to premature delivery of non-viable infant, known congenital abnormality preventing extra-uterine life, or obstetric emergency during labor or delivery of infant resulting in death.
- Heaven Instead should be contacted in a timely manner, preferably within 48 hours of delivery.
Heaven Instead relies on donations to support families in need. We can not guarantee all expenses will be covered, and reserve funds for families experiencing financial hardship.
- Heaven Instead's contribution is based on a pre-established protocol, however, assistance amount depends on funds available at the time the request is made.
- Heaven Instead can not guarantee full payment for all services selected, family may be responsible for payment of additional expenses. Any additional services should be arranged directly with the funeral home selected. Heaven Instead is not responsible for payment of additional services beyond cremation/burial costs. Heaven Instead will make the final payment to the funeral home listed on the application. The final contract with the funeral home should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before payment is made.
- Guidance is offered to family during their hospital stay in regards to choosing a funeral home, documentation required, selection of funeral services, and communication with funeral home.
- All documentation should be completed and signed by immediate family only.
- Funds will be paid directly to the funeral home selected by the family.
- By submitting an application to Heaven Instead, you are allowing us to communicate to hospital and funeral home staff regarding your case.
If you or someone you know is in need of financial assistance, please go to the "For Families" section of our website to find the application. After completion, applications should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. Once received, Heaven Instead will contact the funeral home listed on the application to discuss costs. The amount of assistance will be determined based on funds available. A representative will contact you as soon as possible. After all final arrangements and have been made and a contract is signed, Heaven Instead will make a payment directly to the funeral home. Heaven Instead can not guarantee full payment therefore any remaining balance should be paid by the family directly to the funeral home selected.